Displaced Fragrances will only collect, use or disclose your personal information as permitted under the privacy regulations which apply to you and which implement the terms of Directive 95/46/EC on the Protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. We will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
The types of information we may collect include:
- Indentifying and contact information (for example, name, address and email address);
- If you register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and content you view)
Where possible, we will collect personal information directly from you or a person authorised to provide this information on your behalf. Should we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of this. If you do not provide personal information requested of you to us, we may be unable to provide you the products or services you have requested or be able to make contact with you in the future.
We will use your personal information to:
- Fulfill your purchase orders for our products and/or gift certificates.
- Provide you with copies of our newsletter;
- Maintain, update and service your account with us;
- Maintain, administer and improve our systems;
- Improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history preferences; and
- Provide you with information about our products, store launches, events.
If you provide your email address, you consent to Displaced Fragrances using your email address to contact you for the purposes listed above.
The recipients of your personal information are authorised employees of Displaced Fragrances and associates of Displaced Fragrances in matters of business. In order to properly conduct our activities, we may also disclose (with your consent where necessary) personal information to other persons or organisations. Such persons and organisations include:
- Our service providers (such as IT service providers and mail houses); and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Displaced Fragrances will take reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect and process is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Where permitted by law, destroy and permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed.
Online purchases are payable via a third party payment system which is encrypted and are not shared with Displaced Fragrances or our partners to ensure security of your payments. Other payment options are available on request, information obtained via these options will not be retained by us unless authorised.
If your web browser is set up to accept cookies, a cookie will be stored on your hard drive when you visit Displaced Fragrances’ website. Cookies allow Displaced Fragrances to collect information about your computer, which may include your IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you register with an Internet Service Provider), type of browser, operating system, domain name, and the details of any website which has referred you to this website.
However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to access all parts of this website, including the purchase section.
Access to and correction of your personal information
Please contact us if you would like to seek access to or correct the personal information we hold about you. Displaced Fragrances will provide you with access to your personal information and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
- Have any queries about how we handle your personal information;
- Would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you or object to its processing; or
- Have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org